This security update includes improvements and fixes that were a part of update KB3205401 (released December 13, 2016), and also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:
- Addressed issue that causes excessive audit log events when using the Audit File System category. The event ID is 4656.
- Improved performance during monthly patching when Address Windowing Extensions are enabled for SQL.
- Improved reliability for Server 2012 r2 clustered environments.
- Improved reliability for devices supporting Connected Standby.
- Security updates to Microsoft XML Core Services, SHA-1 deprecation for SSL/TLS certificates, Windows Media Player, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows OS, Microsoft Windows PDF Library, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Uniscribe, Windows kernel, Internet Explorer, Windows Hyper-V, Windows kernel, Windows SMB Server, Internet Information Services, and Active Directory Federation Services.For a complete list of affected files, see KB4012216.