You can change how you pay for a Microsoft subscription any time unless your payment is past due.
- Sign in to your services and subscriptions with your Microsoft account. If you're updating your child's subscription, make sure you sign in with their account, not yours.
- Find the subscription in the list, then select Change how you pay. If you turn off auto-renew, you won't be able to change how you pay for it. To learn more, see Cancel or turn off auto-renew on a Microsoft subscription.
- Choose a new way to pay from the list or select Add a new way to pay and follow the instructions.
- If you want to use a prepaid subscription code, turn off auto-renew on the old subscription. For more info, see Cancel or turn off auto-renew on a Microsoft subscription. When it expires, go to Redeem a gift card or code to your Microsoft account and follow the instructions.
- If you don't see your way to pay listed, add it again. You'll only have to do this once.