- Sign in to Services & subscriptions with your Microsoft account.
- Locate the subscription you want to renew. If you can't find it on the list, see if it's a Microsoft subscription or from a third party.
- If you have a subscription that doesn't auto-renew, select Turn on auto-renew and then follow the instructions.
If you see Manage instead of Turn on auto-renew, that means your subscription already has auto-renew turned on.
Note: Some subscriptions can't be changed to auto-renew. If you don't see Turn on auto-renew, then you can buy a new subscription at Microsoft Store to add more time to your existing subscription.
If your subscription isn't working and auto-renew is already enabled, you may have a past-due balance. This sometimes happens when your credit card expires or is invalid. You should see a Fix how you pay link to update your payment info. See more on how to Add, update, or remove a credit card.
- If your subscription has already expired, a link to Renew might be listed next to it.
- If you don't see Renew next to the expired subscription, you can buy a new subscription at Microsoft Store.
- To renew a subscription with a prepaid card or code, select Payment & billing under the subscription and then select Redeem a card or code. The option to Redeem a card or code may be located under Manage.
When you're done, we'll send an email confirming the renewal. If you don't see it in your inbox, check your junk mail or spam folder.