Follow these steps for all Microsoft subscriptions, including Xbox and Office.
- You may cancel a subscription and get a refund within 30 days of purchase.
- Go to Services & subscriptions. You might be asked to sign in.
- Find the subscription and select Cancel > End now and get a refund > Next. If you don't see your subscription, make sure you are signed in to the correct Microsoft account for that subscription.
- Select Confirm cancellation. Check your inbox for a confirmation email.
- If you don't see the option to cancel and it's been fewer than 30 days since you bought the subscription, try the following:
- See if another Microsoft subscription is past due. If so, you must pay the balance before you can cancel the subscription. For more info, go to Pay for a past-due Microsoft subscription.
See if your subscription is prepaid. It'll end on the expiration date, and you don't need to do anything else.
For more help, visit the contact us page.
- If you try to cancel but it's been more than 30 days since you bought the subscription, you'll be charged for the whole subscription term. For more info, go to the Microsoft Store Terms of Sale. Turn off auto-renew to avoid being charged when the subscription expires. See the related info in the next section of this topic.