This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted Office file. To learn more about these vulnerabilities, see the following security advisories:
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1023
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1024
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1069
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1099
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1100
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1101
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1102
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1103
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1104
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1105
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1106
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1107
Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise Server 2016 installed on the computer.
This public update delivers Feature Pack 2 for SharePoint Server 2016. Feature Pack 2 contains the following feature:
- SharePoint Framework (SPFx)
This public update also delivers all the features that were included in Feature Pack 1 for SharePoint Server 2016, including the following:
- Administrative Actions Logging
- MinRole enhancements
- SharePoint Custom Tiles
- Hybrid Taxonomy
- OneDrive API for SharePoint on-premises
- OneDrive for Business modern user experience (available to Software Assurance customers)
The OneDrive for Business modern user experience requires an active Software Assurance contract at the time that the experience is enabled, either by installation of the public update or by manual enablement. If you don't have an active Software Assurance contract at the time of enablement, you must turn off the OneDrive for Business modern user experience.
For more information, see the following Microsoft Docs articles:
Improvements and fixes
- Changes the "Scheduled Start Date" and "Scheduled End Date" fields in a publishing page to format the date field according to the correct locale.
- Updates SharePoint search crawler to send GET requests by using HTTP 1.1 if the HTTP 1.0 requests fail.
- Updates the Search word breaker to tag IP addresses and GUIDs as named entities for all languages except Korean.
- Fixes an issue in which axis values may be truncated when you use SharePoint Server 2016 to convert a file that contains charts to PDF.
- Fixes the HTTP 404 response error when you access site collections in newly created or mounted content databases.
- Consider the following scenario:
- You have a web application that uses Windows claims authentication only.
- You create an Active Directory (AD) user that has a mail account name that's not the same as the user principal name (UPN), and the AD user doesn’t exist in the UserInfo list.
- You create a new team site and also create a custom list that has a "person" field.
- You use the Quick Edit mode to set the person field to the AD user.
In this scenario, the AD user isn't validated.
How to get and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft Update
This update is available from Microsoft Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to get security updates automatically, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Method 3: Microsoft Download Center
You can get the standalone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. Follow the installation instructions on the download page to install the update.
Security update deployment information
For deployment information about this update, see security update deployment information: May 12, 2020.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces previously released security update 4484299.
File hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|