This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted Office file. To learn more about these vulnerabilities, see the following security advisories:
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1198
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1210
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1218
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1338
Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019 installed on the computer.
Improvements and fixes
- Fixes an issue in which the "shared with other users" context menu in subfolders doesn't work in classic view.
- Fixes an issue in which a file is uploaded to the wrong folder in classic view of OneDrive for Business.
- Fixes an issue in which Reply Rich Text Editor (RTE) textbox fields are identified by JAWS as "unlabeled" in Discussion Board.
- Fixes an issue in which images are identified as "undefined" by JAWS in Picture Library/Slides view.
- Fixes an issue in which a list view cannot auto-refresh after you upload a new folder to it.
- Fixes an issue in which a "Multiple Entries Matched" error occurs when you edit a ListItem that has a People column.
- Fixes an issue in which the Modern documents page appears blank when a new user first logs on.
- Fixes an issue in which the ellipses (...) menu to "Manage Access" appears only the second time you that you select Share.
- Fixes an issue in which the role of the Document control is incorrectly defined in Communication Site.
- Fixes an issue in which renaming the page title through the document information panel (DIP) doesn't take effect in the Title region.
- Fixes an issue in which the Shift+Tab keyboard shortcut to navigate the news sites list creates a keyboard trap.
- Fixes an issue in which Suggestion in Column filter pane of a document library web part isn't working in a subfolder.
- Fixes an issue in which the List web part doesn't display the Hyperlink or Picture column correctly in a Modern team site.
How to get and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft Update
This update is available from Microsoft Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to get security updates automatically, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Method 3: Microsoft Download Center
You can get the standalone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. Follow the installation instructions on the download page to install the update.
Security update deployment information
For deployment information about this update, see security update deployment information: September 8, 2020.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces previously released update 4484472.
File hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|