While setting up the Your Phone app, you'll be prompted to enable access to your Android device's messages, but if you choose not to at that point, you can always turn it on in the Your Phone app settings.
To do this, open the Your Phone app, go to Settings, and under Messages, turn on the toggles for:
- Allow this app to show text messages from my phone
- Allow this app to send MMS attachments from my phone
- Allow this app to receive MMS attachments from my phone
- Automatically download MMS attachments from my phone
You can also manage your notifications and alerts for messages by using the other toggles in the list:
- Show notification banners
- Badge on taskbar
If you encounter issues with messages, our troubleshooting tips may help.