How do I check I’m running the latest version of Link to Windows?
Updates will be installed automatically if this option is enabled on your Android device. To ensure a smooth experience we recommend updating to the latest version available. To check manually:
On your Android device:
- Go to Settings > Advanced features > Link to Windows.
- In the upper right-hand corner, select "..." (More) > About Link to Windows.
- If an update is available, you should see a dialog. Tap Update.
- Wait for the update to complete successfully, then close and reopen the Your Phone app.
What happened to my Your Phone Companion app icon after upgrading my phone to Android 10?
Following a recent update, you will no longer see the old app icon. Instead you will now see Link to Windows pre-installed on your device. Swipe downward from the top of your screen to reveal your Android Notification panel, then tap Link to Windows.
Alternatively, you can find it by visiting Settings > Advanced Features, or type Link to Windows in the search box in Settings.
I'm having issues with the Your Phone app when using Samsung DeX at the same time
Having both the Your Phone app and DeX open may cause issues with both apps. To ensure the best experience, only have one of these apps open at a time.
How do I update the Your Phone app from the Microsoft Store?
On your PC:
- Open the Microsoft Store.
- Search for Your Phone.
- If an update is available to you, you will see an Update button. Select Update and wait for the update to complete successfully, then select Launch.
How do I update Your Phone Companion-Link to Windows from the Galaxy Store?
To update the app from the Galaxy Store:
- Open the Galaxy Store app on your Android device.
- In the Galaxy Store, tap the search icon and type “Your Phone Companion – Link to Windows."
- Tap on Your Phone Companion – Link to Windows to open the app listing.
- Tap the Update button.
You also need to ensure Link to Windows is updated to the latest version too. To do this:
- Go to Settings > Advanced features > Link to Windows
- Tap the “…” (More) option
- Tap on About Link to Windows.
- Tap the Update button. You will be redirected to the Galaxy Store listing for the app. This time you will also see Link to Windows in the app update options. Tap Update.
- Wait for the update to complete successfully and restart your Android device. Wait a few minutes, then close and reopen the Your Phone app on your PC.
It can take a few minutes for the updates to be recognized by the app. If the Your Phone app is still in an “update state”, wait a few minutes, then restart your Android device. On your PC, close and reopen the Your Phone app.
Troubleshooting updates in Your Phone and Your Phone Companion - Link to Windows
- It can take a few minutes for the updates to be recognized by the app. After you update, if the app is still blocked, restart your Android device. Then, wait a few minutes and close and reopen the Your Phone app.
- Check that both your Android device and PC are on Wi-Fi. You will need to be connected to Wi-Fi in order to download updates.