Output is not successfully captured from the field that was selected.
- Make sure that the output text is in a readable field.
- Make sure there is not an extra click action between clicking on the recorder and clicking on the field
- If it does happen, you can identify and delete the extra step in the recorder later. Reference: Edit desktop UI flows
- Click on the field you intend to get the output from. A blue highlight will appear around it indicating focus.
- Click on the Use Output option and follow the prompt.
- The popup should have all the text in the scope of the field that was selected.
- If the output is empty, please make sure that the field is read-enabled:
- Stop the recording
- Click on the output field.
- Press Ctrl-A key combination to select the text in the output field.
- Press Ctrl-C key combination to select the text in the output field.
- Paste the text by Pressing Ctrl-V key combination.
- If you are not able to see any text here, the field cannot be used to read text using Use Output.
- Getting started: Use inputs and outputs in desktop UI flows.