When attempting to use Dynamics 365 App for Outlook, you see the following message:
"You don’t have the required role or privilege to complete this action. Please contact your administrator to get necessary access.”
No roles are assigned to your user record in Dynamics 365.
Verify your user is enabled and assigned a security role:
- Access Dynamics 365 as a user with the System Administrator role.
- Navigate to Settings and then click Security.
- Click Users.
- Select your user and click Manage Roles.
- Select the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook User security role and then click OK.
- Try to open Dynamics 365 App for Outlook again.