Activating a Support Contract
Microsoft offers a broad range of programs that contain a support service benefit:
- Relationship programs like MPN (Microsoft Partner Network)
- Subscription programs like MSDN (Microsoft Developer Network) and TechNet, BizSpark, DreamSpark or WebsiteSpark
If you are an active member of a program that contains a support benefit, you may be required to register and activate a support contract, prior to being able to access support offerings.
Here’s how to register:
- Download the document package
If you have issues with the download, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call your local Microsoft Customer Service and ask the agent to send the document package to you, via email.
- For your records print out the Service Description (if applicable) and read it.
- For your records print out the Terms and Conditions contained within the Registration form and read them.
- Fill out the Registration Form (electronically)
- Please provide your registration information details using the Latin Character alphabet only.
- Please do not make any annotations or changes to the form.
- Email the completed registration form to: RegForm@msdirectservices.com
- Once processed, you will receive an email including your support contract details from Microsoft Direct Services (email@example.com).
Expect the following processing times for activation:
Business Critical Phone support will be activated within 1 business hour*.
All other support activations will be processed within 1 business day*.
*Business hours are: Monday to Friday 09:00 – 18:00
- The email contains all relevant information on how to access and how to use your support benefit.
Once you have received your contract ID you can quickly and easily submit a support incident online via Online Assisted Support.
The advantage of using online submission is that it offers you the convenience of not having to place a phone call. You are able to provide us with information about the issue you’re experiencing online and the case is directly routed to the right technical support team that can assist you.