When we invoke Print screen through keyboard and try to paste into MSPaint , nothing happens.
This issue can occur when we have Outlook mail marked by "Information Rights Management (IRM)" open.This will prevent you from taking a screen capture.
To resolve the issue,close all the protected emails and try again.
If we take the screen clipping using the methods listed below we get the following warnings:
- Snipping Tool: "Windows has prevented this snip from being captured because it contains protected information. Close all protected documents and then try again."
- Microsoft OneNote: "Screen clipping is disabled when IRM-protected content is open.Close the IRM-protected document or message before taking screen clippings"
Steps to reproduce.
- Open an "Information Rights Management (IRM)" IRM protected email from your Outlook 2007.
- Invoke Print Screen from your keyboard and try to paste into MSPaint.
- The operation fails with no visible errors.