IntroductionAn update is available for Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5 in Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R3. This update fixes the following issues:
- You run the Remote Performance Monitor tool to track a memory leak in a .NET Compact Framework 3.5-based application. When you try to open the GC heap viewer, you receive an error message that resembles the following:
- When you try to open a GC heap dump file in the Remote Performance Monitor tool, you receive the following error message:Error displaying GC heap view: The given key was not present in the dictionary
- When you use .NET Compact Framework 3.5 to deserialize invalid XML data, no exception is generated as expected. Instead, an invalid object is generated. Additionally, if you try to dereference the object, a NullReferenceException exception is generated.
- Data that is passed to the serializer may be serialized two times.
- You run a managed application that calls native modules. When managed code invokes the native code, an exception is thrown in the native code. In this scenario, the exception is not handled correctly and no dump file is generated. Additionally, stack information is not recorded and no error message can be customized for customers.
Software update informationA supported software update is now available from Microsoft as Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Platform Builder Monthly Update (July 2010). You can confirm this by scrolling to the "File information" section. The package file name contains the product version, date, Knowledge Base article number, and processor type. The package file name format is as follows:
Product version-yymmdd-kbnnnnnn-processor typeFor example: Wincepb50-060503-kb917590-armv4i.msi is the ARMV4i Windows CE 5.0 Platform Builder fix that is documented in KB article 917590 and that is contained in the May 2006 monthly update. To resolve this problem immediately, click the following article number for information about how to obtain Windows CE Platform Builder and core operating system software updates:
837392 How to locate core operating system fixes for Microsoft Windows CE Platform Builder productsAfter you apply the update, DNS query packets are sent only from the VPN interface. Additionally, the packets will be sent only from the last VPN interface even if there are multiple VPN interfaces.
PrerequisitesThis update is supported only if all previously issued updates for this product have also been installed.
Restart requirementAfter you apply this update, you must perform a clean build of the whole platform. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- On the Build menu, click Clean, and then click Build Platform.
- On the Build menu, click Rebuild Platform.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any other updates.
File informationThe English version of this software update package has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File size||Date||Time|
Files that are included in this update package
|File name||File size||Date||Time||Path|
|Windows embedded ce 6.0_update_kb2282391.htm||8,819||26-Jul-2010||19:13||100727_kb2282391|
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates