This update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
- Addressed issue that causes some USB storage devices to lose authorization when the device goes into the lowest power state, requiring user to re-authenticate using PIN when the device moves back to a working power state.
- Addressed issue that causes Windows Explorer to become unresponsive when sharing a folder that is the child of at least two shared parent folders.
- Addressed issue with Storage Spaces log truncation which resulted in data loss and errors when reading records.
- Addressed issue that causes Wildcard CNAME queries with Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC) enabled to not return Next Secure (NSEC) records.
- Addressed issue that occurs with any MPIO attached SAN disk when multiple paths fail over concurrently or in quick succession, the I/O operation may fail, and the computer may lose its connection to the storage device.
- Addressed issue that causes wbengine.exe to fail while running Windows Backup on a GUID Partition Table (GPT) formatted disk.
- Addressed issue that prevents intermittent User Account Control (UAC) consent failures if the "Require trusted path for credential entry" group policy is enabled.
- Addressed issue that causes devices to lose connection to their virtual private network (VPN) a few seconds after connecting, if the connection is made using an integrated mobile broadband connection.
- Addressed issue that causes a COM port to become unavailable after it is repeatedly opened and closed.
- Removed the Copy Protection option when ripping CDs in Windows Media Audio (WMA) format from Windows Media Player.
- Addressed issue with incorrect character mapping between the 932 code page (Japanese Shift-JIS) and Unicode.
- Addressed issue (after installing KB3161606) where running data deduplication on a Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) on Windows Server 2012 R2 based Hyper-V cluster might impact live migration where resource hosting subsystem (RHS) may deadlock and become unresponsive with an 0x9E Stop error.
- Updated Access Point Name (APN) database entries for several Mobile Operators (including Videotron and Vodafone).
- Addressed issue that can cause Windows Gateway to remain disconnected instead of failing over when a failure occurs.
For a complete list of affected files, see KB3185279.