Discover new ways to get the most out of your Surface. Sign in to get started.
Note Some products might not be available in your country or region.
Some products might not be available in your country or region.
Sign in with a Microsoft account
Set up Windows Hello
Get instant access to your Surface with Windows Hello. Here's how to set it up:
- Go to Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
- Under Windows Hello, select Set up.
Protect your device
Windows Security is included on your device and provides the latest antivirus protection. Your device will be actively protected from the moment you set it up. It continually scans for malware (malicious software), viruses, and security threats. Updates are downloaded automatically to keep your device safe and protect it from threats.
For more info on running your own virus scans, go to Stay protected with Windows Security.
Power cord care
Power cords, like any other metal wire or cable, can be weakened or damaged if repeatedly twisted or bent in the same spot. Here are a few things you can do to keep your power cord from being damaged:
Avoid twisting or pinching your power cord
Don't wrap your power cord too tightly, especially around the power brick. Instead, wrap it using loose coils rather than tight angles.
|Correct: Cables loosely wrapped ||Incorrect: Cables tightly wrapped |
Inspect your power cord regularly, especially where it joins the power brick
Avoid pulling on the power cord when unplugging your Surface. Gently removing the connector from the charging port can help prevent damage to your power cord.
|Correct: Unplugging gently ||Incorrect: Tugging on cord to unplug |
Take care of your touch screen
Scratches, finger grease, dust, chemicals, and sunlight can affect your touchscreen. Here are some tips to protect it:
- Clean frequently. The Surface touchscreen is coated to make it easier to clean. You don't need to rub hard to remove fingerprints or oily spots. Use a soft, line-free cloth (either dry or dampened with water or eyeglass cleaner—never glass or other chemical cleaners) or a screen cleaning wipe to gently wipe the screen.
- Keep it out of the sun. Don't leave your Surface in direct sunlight for a long time. Ultraviolet light and excessive heat can damage the display.
- Keep it covered. Close the cover when you're taking your Surface with you or when you're not using it.
For more info on maintaining your Surface, go to Clean and care for your Surface.