This security update resolves an elevation of privilege vulnerability exists when Microsoft SharePoint Server does not properly sanitize a specially crafted web request to an affected SharePoint server. To learn more about the vulnerability, see Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2019-0957 and Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2019-0958.
Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019 installed on the computer.
Improvements and fixes
- Adds support for the new Japanese era in the timeline portion of the Project Summary web part in Project 2019.
- Adds the GraphicalIndicator property to the CustomField class in the Client-Side Object Model (CSOM). You can now set and get a Graphical Indicator for a custom field.
- Improves SharePoint web part compatibility when the aspnet:UseTaskFriendlySynchronizationContext setting is set to true.
- When you run the Farm Configuration Wizard, the Access Service applications "Access Services 2010" and "Access Services" will now be unchecked by default. You can create these service applications by selecting these check boxes while running the Farm Configuration Wizard.
- The sync/async feature for search results doesn't work after you install Description of the security update for SharePoint Server 2019: December 11, 2018.
- When you try to open an Office file in a search result by using the Edge browser, the file isn't opened and you are prompted to select or find a program from the app store on your computer..
How to get and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft Update
This update is available through Windows Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to turn on automatic updating, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Method 3: Microsoft Download Center
You can get the stand-alone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. Follow the installation instructions on the download page to install the update.
Security update deployment information
For deployment information about this update, see security update deployment information: May 14, 2019.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces previously released security update 4464518.
File hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|
The English (United States) version of this software update installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time together with your current daylight saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.