After clicking the Test & Enable Mailbox button in Dynamics 365, the test results show as Failure and the following error appears on the Alerts tab of the mailbox:
"Email cannot be received because the mailbox [Mailbox Name] does not have an email server profile associated with it or the email server profile is inactive.
Email Server Error Code: InvalidIncomingEmailServerProfile"
This error will appear if the user's mailbox record in Dynamics 365 either does not have a value specified for the Server Profile field or the associated server profile is deactivated.
- Open the mailbox record in Dynamics 365 and verify the Server Profile field has a value selected.
- If a value is already selected, open the associated server profile and review the Status shown at the bottom of the page.
- If the Email Server Profile shows a status of Inactive, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings, Email Configuration, and Email Server Profiles.
- Switch the view to Inactive Email Server Profiles.
- Select the Email Server Profile, click Activate and then click OK.
- Switch back to the mailbox record and then click the Test and Enable Mailbox button.
- If any test results show as Failure, view the Alerts section.