Improvements and fixes
This non-security update includes improvements and fixes that were a part of KB4520002 (released October 8, 2019) and also includes these new quality improvements as a preview of the next Monthly Rollup update:
- Updates time zone information for Norfolk Island, Australia.
- Updates time zone information for the Fiji Islands.
- Addresses an issue that occurs when upgrading the operating system without removing the older version first (an in-place upgrade).
- Addresses an issue that prevents netdom.exe from displaying the new ticket-granting ticket (TGT) delegation bit for the display or query mode.
- Addresses an issue in security bulletin CVE-2019-1318 that may cause client or server computers that don’t support Extended Master Secret (EMS) RFC 7627 to have increased connection latency and CPU utilization. This issue occurs while performing full Transport Layer Security (TLS) handshakes from devices that don’t support EMS, especially on servers. EMS support has been available for all the supported versions of Windows since calendar year 2015 and is being incrementally enforced by the installation of the October 8, 2019 and later monthly updates.
Known issues in this update
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.
How to get this update
Before installing this update
Microsoft strongly recommends you install the latest servicing stack update (SSU) for your operating system before installing the latest Rollup. SSUs improve the reliability of the update process to mitigate potential issues while installing the Rollup.
Install this update
|Release Channel||Available||Next Step|
|Windows Update or Microsoft Update||Yes||This is provided as an Optional update on Windows Update. For more information about how to run Windows Update, see How to get an update through Windows Update.|
|Microsoft Update Catalog||Yes||To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.|
|Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)||Yes|| |
This update will automatically synchronize with WSUS if you configure Products and Classifications as follows:
Product: Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for update 4520015.