Improvements and fixes
This security update includes improvements and fixes that were a part of update KB4520015 (released October 15, 2019) and addresses the following issues:
- Addresses an issue with temporary user profiles in an environment in which user profile disks (UPD) are deployed and cached roaming profiles are not deleted when the "Delete cached copies of roaming profiles" policy is enabled.
- Provides protections against the Intel® Transactional Synchronization Extensions (Intel® TSX) Transaction Asynchronous Abort vulnerability (CVE-2019-11135). Use the registry settings as described in the Windows Server article. (These registry settings are disabled by default for Windows Server OS editions.)
- Security updates to Microsoft Scripting Engine, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Virtualization, Windows Kernel, Windows Datacenter Networking, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, please refer to the Security Update Guide.
Known issues in this update
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.
How to get this update
Before installing this update
You must install the updates listed below and restart your device before installing the latest Rollup. Installing these updates improves the reliability of the update process and mitigates potential issues while installing the Rollup and applying Microsoft security fixes.
- The April 9, 2019 servicing stack update (SSU) (KB4493730). To get the standalone package for this SSU, search for it in the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- The latest SHA-2 update (KB4474419) released October 8, 2019. If you are using Windows Update, the latest SHA-2 update will be offered to you automatically. For more information on SHA-2 updates, see 2019 SHA-2 Code Signing Support requirement for Windows and WSUS.
After installing the items above, Microsoft strongly recommends that you install the latest SSU (KB4526478). If you are using Windows Update, the latest SSU will be offered to you automatically. To get the standalone package for the latest SSU, search for it in the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Install this update
|Release Channel||Available||Next Step|
|Windows Update and Microsoft Update||Yes||None. This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update.|
|Microsoft Update Catalog||Yes||To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.|
|Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)||Yes|| |
This update will automatically synchronize with WSUS if you configure Products and Classifications as follows:
Product: Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2Classification: Security Updates
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for update 4525234.