The Your Phone experience starts on your PC with Windows 10 and the Your Phone app. From your PC you can connect to select Android and Samsung devices with these two apps:
- Your Phone Companion (YPC) app for most Android devices
- Link to Windows (LTW) app preinstalled on selected Samsung phones
You’ll see these names combined as “Your Phone Companion – Link to Windows” in the Google Play Store and in the Galaxy Store. In the Microsoft Store, you’ll see “Your Phone.” This link between your device and PC gives you instant access to everything you love. Read and reply to text messages with ease, view recent photos from your Android device, use your favorite mobile apps, make and receive calls, and manage your Android device’s notifications right on your PC.
- A PC running Windows 10 April 2018 Update or later. If you're currently running the April 2018 Update, you will need to install the Your Phone app from the Microsoft store. Any Windows version after the April 2018 Update will have the app preinstalled.
- An Android device running Android 7.0 (Nougat) or above
You'll find the Your Phone app preinstalled if you have the Windows 10 October 2018 Update or later. We’ll guide you through a few extra steps you'll need to finish setting things up.
Some of the features in the Your Phone app will require a newer version of Windows than the April 2018 Update. Additionally, the app doesn't currently support organizational (work) accounts.
How to link your devices
Make sure to have both your PC and Android device nearby, turned on, and connected to Wi-Fi.
On your PC:
- In the search box on the taskbar, search for your phone and select the Your Phone app from the results.
- You’ll be asked to sign into your Microsoft account. You'll need to sign in to the same Microsoft account on your Android device and PC to link your devices.
- Follow the guided set up process.
On your Android device:
- Open a browser on your Android device and type in www.aka.ms/yourpc and download the Your Phone Companion app. For select Samsung devices, you'll be prompted to open Link to Windows instead.
- Install Your Phone Companion and open the app.
- Follow the guided set up process. If prompted to sign into the Your Phone Companion app, be sure to use the same Microsoft account you’re using on your PC.
For select Samsung devices, the Link to Windows companion app is already installed and will open from the link, or you can access it by going to Settings > Advanced features > Link to Windows.
If you encounter issues installing the app, troubleshoot them here.
Unpinning from your taskbar
This app is designed to be experienced as part of your PC taskbar. For some users who have linked an Android device to the PC, the app may get pinned to the taskbar of your PC. You can always unpin the app by right-clicking on it and selecting Unpin from taskbar.