When trying to run an UI flow during Test run or Flow run, the user gets the error:
The error is visible in the UI flow Test Page or See detail page of the UI flow run instance.
- Open the UI flow in Edit mode and Click on the Application Card
- Check the Application path on the machine where UI flow is run to make sure application exe exists.
- Some applications can take a long time to launch.
- If the Application path is incorrect, update to the correct path.
- In case Application launches and fails with above error "UnableToLaunchApplication" follow the steps below.
This issue sometime occurs for PowerBI:
- o Start Recording – Record single Action on PowerBI and press "Done" button on recorder. In the UI flow designer you will see 2 actions/steps:
- Launch Application
- Click Action – Delete this action.
- Start new Recording by clicking on
- Start recording Power BI Desktop application again and record couple of actions (Click or Keyboard)
- Open the Launch Application action
- Update the Launch Application property to No
The above 2 step process can solve issue for some applications.
- In case application takes long time to launch:
- Check the launch step in your script (In the example below, click on "Launch Excel" step):
- Click "Show advanced options" and Update the "Wait after action" value. In Example PT15S means UI flow playback will wait for 15 secs to launch application.