Input not getting inserted into the field that was selected.
Make sure that the input field
- Is not a read-only field(verified by checking if you can type in it normally).
- There wasn’t an extra click between clicking on the field and the recorder.
- The input field can be used normally by you while not recording & there are no input restrictions imposed by the application on it.
- Set focus to the input field by clicking on it before clicking on the Use Input option.
- Clear the field in the recording before clicking on the Use Input option. One way to clear an input field during recording is to:
- Click on the input field.
- Press Ctrl-A key combination to select the text in the input field.
- Press the Backspace key to clear the input field.
- Make sure a blue highlight appears around the textbox when clicking on it.
- Getting started: Use inputs and outputs in desktop UI flows.