Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8
This update is included in the Security and Quality Rollup that's dated September 8, 2020. Parts of this update were previously released in the rollup that's dated August 11, 2020.
ClickOnce will no longer download applications from untrusted servers which use NTLM authentication, but, instead, will fail with “Authentication failed”. Sites in the Local Intranet and Trusted sites zones will continue to authenticate as before.
For a list of improvements that were released with this update, please see the article links in the Additional Information section of this article.
- All updates for .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, and 4.7.2 require that the d3dcompiler_47.dll update is installed. We recommend that you install the included d3dcompiler_47.dll update before you apply this update. For more information about the d3dcompiler_47.dll, see KB 4019990.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Additional information about this update
- 4569765 Description of the Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5 for Windows Server 2012 (KB4569765)
- 4569779 Description of the Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 4.5.2 for Windows Server 2012 (KB4569779)
- 4576613 Description of the Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, 4.7.2 for Windows Server 2012 (KB4576613)
- 4576485 Description of the Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 4.8 for Windows Server 2012 (KB4576485)