This article describes the issues that are fixed in System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2016 UR10 release. There are two updates that are available for Virtual Machine Manager, one for the Virtual Machine Manager server and one for the Administrator Console (x86 and amd64). This article also contains the installation instructions for this update.
Issues that are fixed
- VM cross cluster migration fails intermittently when SOFS file share is used as shared storage.
- Performance counter ‘NetworkIOsent’ returning incorrectly as 0 when running the command Get-SCPerformanceData -VM $VM -PerformanceCounter ‘NetworkIOSent.
- If a cluster is provisioned with local disks using external storage and same drive letters are assigned to disks on different nodes of cluster, then VMM shows duplicate drives. If a VM is created on one of these disks, then VM refresh might fail.
- Performance counter dataextracted using the rule “Micrososft.SystemCenter.VirtualMahcineManager.2016.CLoudUsageCollection” is not stored correctly in OperationsManagerDW DB.
- Port mirroring information configured by SDN gets cleared by SCVMM.
- For a VM when a self-service user is granted/revoked access, although the VM is visible, but the console connect permissions are not granted/revoked readily. Hence the console connect for the VM fails for self-service user until VM is refreshed.
- Replication health status is displayed incorrectly in VMM with respect to Hyper-V replication health status.
- VMM to SCOM Integration fails to discover some objects like Host due to DiscoveryDataInvalidRelationshipSourceException in one or more Connectors for VSwitchHostsVPort relationship.
- Creating a VM with VM Template where answer file is used and either Windows OS 7,8 or 10 is selected, results in "unable to find a value for one or more required Sysprep parameters” error.
Other Improvements and Features
How to obtain and install System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2016 UR10
To obtain and install anupdate package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that hasa Virtual Machine Manager component installed:
- Click Start,and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel,double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Updatewindow, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Importantupdates are available.
- Select the update rolluppackage and then click Ok.
- Click Installupdates to install the update package.
Go to the followingwebsites to manually download the update packages from the Microsoft UpdateCatalog:
Download the Virtual Machine Manager serverupdate package now.
Download the Administrator Console updatepackage now.
For information abouthow to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number toview the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned thisfile for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software thatwas available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored onsecurity-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to thefile.
To manually install theupdate packages, run the following command from an elevated command prompt:
For example, to install the System Center 2016UR10 package for Virtual Machine Manager Server (KB 4581601), run the followingcommand:
msiexec.exe /update KB 4581601_vmmserver_amd64.msp