When you start the Professional Services Tools Library from the Shortcuts section of the navigation pane in Microsoft Dynamics GP you receive the following error message:
You cannot install an older version of Back Office Service Tools.This problem occurs if you updated Microsoft Dynamics GP to a newer version.
This problem occurs because the Professional Service Tools Library is not updated when Microsoft Dynamics GP is updated to a newer version.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Delete the reference to the Professional Service Tools Library from the Dynamics.set file in the Great Plains program folder.
- By default, the GP program folder in Microsoft Dynamics GP is in the following location: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP
- Follow the steps that are listed in following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:872087 How to disable third-party products in the Dynamics.set file in Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Delete the lines that are listed in the Dynamics.set file. For example, delete the following lines:
Technical Service Tools
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\TAUTIL.DIC
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\F1838.DIC
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\R1838.DIC
- Save the changes. Then, close the Dynamics.set file.
- By default, the GP program folder in Microsoft Dynamics GP is in the following location:
- Rename the TAUTIL.DIC file to "TAUTIL.DICOLD" in the GP program folder.
- Have all users exit Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Drop all objects that are associated with the Professional Services Tools Library for the company that is experiencing the error. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Microsoft Dynamics GP by logging in as the sa user.
- Click File, point to Maintenance, and then point to SQL.
The SQL Maintenance dialog box opens.
- In the Database field, click the database in which you experience the error.
- In the Product field, click Technical Service Tools.
- In the box that contains the object list, select all the objects.
- On the right side of the SQL Maintenance dialog box, click to select the Drop Table check box and the Drop Auto Procedure check box.
- Click Process.
- Click Yes.
- In the SQL Maintenance dialog box, click the DYNAMICS database. Then, repeat step 5d through step 5h for the DYNAMICS database.
- Download the Professional Services Tools Library. For more information about the Professional Services Tools Library, use one of the following options:
For more information about PSTL, contact your partner of record. If you do not have a partner of record, visit the following web site to identify a partner: Microsoft Pinpoint
For more information about PSTL, visit the following web site:
- After you download the appropriate file, extract the files to the GP program folder to reinstall the Professional Service Tools Library.
- Start Microsoft Dynamics GP on the server. Log in as the sa user.
- Click OK.
Note If you receive a message, click OK.
- Add the Professional Services Tools Library to the "Shortcuts" section of the navigation pane. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Add. Then, click Other Window.
- In the Add Window Shortcut dialog box, type the following text in the Name field:Professional Services Tools Library
- Under Available Windows, expand Technical Service Tools, expand Project, and then click Professional Services Tools.
- Click Add.
- Click Done.
- Verify that Professional Services Tools Library is available under Shortcuts.
- Repeat step 1 through step 11 for each company for which you want to use the Professional Services Tools Library.