RAPID PUBLISHINGRAPID PUBLISHING ARTICLES PROVIDE INFORMATION DIRECTLY FROM WITHIN THE MICROSOFT SUPPORT ORGANIZATION. THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED HEREIN IS CREATED IN RESPONSE TO EMERGING OR UNIQUE TOPICS, OR IS INTENDED TO SUPPLEMENT OTHER KNOWLEDGE BASE INFORMATION.
When you try to change the account number for the PURCH account type in the Purchasing Distribution Entry window in Microsoft Dynamics GP, you receive the following error message:
You cannot change the PURCH account at the summary level. Change the inventory account for the line item instead.This problem occurs in the following versions:
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 Service Pack 2 and later Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 versions
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 Service Pack 3 and later Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 versions.
This problem occurs because of a design change made to Microsoft Dynamics GP. The design change was made to help with matching the value in the inventory account in the General Ledger to the value of inventory in the Inventory module. Because of this design change, the modification of the purchasing account at the summary level in the Purchase Order Processing module is not allowed.
To resolve this problem, change the account number at the line item level instead of at the summary level. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Transactions menu, point to Purchasing, and then click Receivings Transaction Entry.
- In the Receipt No. list, click the receipt number.
- In the Item area, click the blue arrow next to the Item field.
- In the Receivings Item Detail Entry window, edit the inventory account.
- Click Yes when you receive the following message:
- Click Save.
DISCLAIMERMICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, THE RELIABILITY OR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND THE RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEB SITE (THE “MATERIALS”) FOR ANY PURPOSE.
THE MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.