Some email service providers have moved to newer email protocols for improved security and reliability. These email service providers may no longer work with Windows Live Mail.
Windows Essentials 2012 requires the following:
- Operating system. 32- or 64-bit version of Windows 7, or 32- or 64-bit version of Windows 8, or Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Processor. 1.6 GHz or higher with SSE2 support. SSE2 is supported on Pentium 4 processors or newer, and AMD K8 processors or newer.
- Memory. 1 GB of RAM or higher
- Resolution. 1024 × 576 minimum
- Internet connection. Online services require dial-up or high-speed Internet access (provided separately—local or long-distance charges might apply). High-speed Internet access is recommended for some features.
- Graphics card. Windows Movie Maker requires a graphics card that supports DirectX 9.0c or higher and Shader Model 2 or higher. For DirectX 9 hardware on Windows 7, go to Windows Update.
- Windows Photo Gallery and Movie Maker require some features of DirectX 10, which might be installed for you if they're not found on your computer.
To install or uninstall Windows Essentials programs, you must be logged on to the computer using an administrator account.
Article ID: 11526 - Last Review: 9/09/2016 - Revision: 10