An error has occurred during report processing (rsProcessingAborted) Cannot create a connection to data source ‘CRM.’ (rsErrorOpeningConnection) Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).
An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors.
This error occurs in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 because the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data Connector for Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services requires the user's SystemUserId value as the Log in name and the user's OrganizationId value as the password.
This error occurs in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 because the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions requires the user's SystemUserId value as the Log in name and the user's OrganizationId value as the password.
When a report runs inside Microsoft Dynamics CRM, these values are passed automatically. These values must be entered manually when the report is run directly from SQL Server Reporting Services.
Obtain the SystemUserId and OrganizationId from the database and manually enter the values using the following steps:
- Connect to the SQL server machine that contains the Microsoft Dynamics CRM databases as a user that has admin rights to SQL Server.
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft SQL Server, and then click SQL Server Management Studio.
- Click New Query.
- Click File, click New, and then click Database Engine Query.
- Select your <organization>_MSCRM from the dropdown list.
- Execute the following query:
- Select FullName, SystemUserId, OrganizationId
- From FilteredSystemUser
- Order by FullName
To publish reports for external use, complete the following steps:
- Open Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and then click Reports.
- Select the report, and then click Edit Report.
- Click the Actions menu, and then click Publish Report for External Use.
This will create a copy of the report in the root of the <OrganizationName>_MSCRM folder in SQL Server Reporting Services. This copy of the report will use the MSCRM_DataSource that is located in the root of the <OrganizationName>_MSCRM folder. This data source uses Microsoft SQL Server as the Connection type and Windows integrated security.