This article describes the issue that is fixed in the update package for Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Administration Tools that is dated September 2010.
This article describes the following items about the update package:
- The issues that the update package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update package.
- Whether the update package is replaced by any other update package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update package contains.
Issue that this update package fixesThis cumulative update fixes the following issue:
- 2401878 Changes to the Response Group Service do not take effect after you install the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 cumulative updates that are dated July 2010
This cumulative update also includes the following previously released updates:
- 978371 An offline certificate request is formatted incorrectly when you create the certificate request in Office Communications Server 2007 R2 on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008
- 972719 The Active Directory Users and Computers MMC snap-in in Office Communications Server 2007 R2 may crash when you select the Communications tab in the Properties dialog box of a user
- 968880 Response Group Service cannot start if you assign a certificate that has a wildcard in the Subject Name to Office Communications Server 2007 R2
- 968878 Response Group Service cannot start if you assign a certificate that contains a SAN list, and the last name on the list is not the pool FQDN to Office Communications Server 2007 R2
- 968911 After you restart the Communications Server 2007 R2 Response Group Service, the service does not send calls to agents
- 968877 The Communications Server 2007 R2 Response Group Service does not update its list of trusted hosts at run time
Update package information
Microsoft Update CatalogTo get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
By contacting supportA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problems described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this .
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update.
Hotfix replacement informationThis cumulative update replaces cumulative update 977344.
- 977344 Description of the cumulative update for Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Administration Tools: January 2010
Registry informationTo use one of the update packages in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation informationTo install this cumulative update, install the OCS2007-KB2400402-amd64-AdminTools.msp package on the following computers:
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 - Administration Tools
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 - Administration Tools - 32 bit
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then right-click Command Prompt.
- Click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- At the command prompt,start the update (.msp).
Removal informationTo remove this update package, use the Add or Remove Programs feature in Control Panel.
Sometimes, when you try to uninstall the cumulative update, you are prompted for the source CD. If this behavior occurs, insert the source CD, or provide the path where the source files can be found.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
After the update is installed, the global version of this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updatesFor more information about the latest updates for Communications Server 2007 R2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
968802 Updates for Communications Server 2007 R2