Some of the downloads that are mentioned in this article are currently available on My.VisualStudio.com. Make sure to log in by using a Visual Studio Subscription account so that you can access the download links.
If you are asked for credentials, use your existing Visual Studio subscription account or create a free account by selecting "Create a new Microsoft account."
This article lists the download links for the latest versions of Microsoft Visual C++.
Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019
Download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019. The following updates are the latest supported Visual C++ redistributable packages for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019. Included is a baseline version of the Universal C Runtime see MSDN for details.
Note Visual C++ 2015, 2017 and 2019 all share the same redistributable files.
For example, installing the Visual C++ 2019 redistributable will affect programs built with Visual C++ 2015 and 2017 also. However, installing the Visual C++ 2015 redistributable will not replace the newer versions of the files installed by the Visual C++ 2017 and 2019 redistributables.
This is different from all previous Visual C++ versions, as they each had their own distinct runtime files, not shared with other versions.
Visual Studio 2013 (VC++ 12.0)
- Download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013. This is the latest supported Visual C++ redistributable package for Visual Studio 2013.
- Download Multibyte MFC Library for Visual Studio 2013. This add-on for Visual Studio 2013 contains the multibyte character set (MBCS) version of the Microsoft Foundation Class (MFC) Library.
- Download Visual C++ 2013 Runtime for Sideloaded Windows 8.1 apps.
Visual Studio 2012 (VC++ 11.0)
Visual Studio 2010 (VC++ 10.0) SP1
- Download the Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 (Installer). This is the latest supported Visual C++ service pack for Visual Studio 2010.
This web installer requires an internet connection. This installer downloads and installs Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1. It works for all editions of Visual Studio 2010 (Express, Professional, Premium, Ultimate, and Test Professional).
- Download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update. This is the latest supported Visual C++ redistributable package update for Visual Studio 2010.
Visual Studio 2008 (VC++ 9.0) SP1
- Visual Studio 2008 reached end of support on April 10, 2018. To aid the discovery of the latest downloads, the links are retained currently, but may be removed in the future.
- Download the Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 (Installer). This is the latest Visual C++ service pack for Visual Studio 2008. This service pack improved responsiveness, stability, and performance.
Note This download installs Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
- Download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update. This is the latest Visual C++ redistributable package update for Visual Studio 2008.
Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
Visual C++ Redistributable Packages install runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries on a computer that does not have Visual C++ installed. The libraries are required to run applications that are developed by using the corresponding version of Visual C++.