Improvements and fixes
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addresses an issue in Microsoft Edge that fails to trigger the focusin event if the focus event listener of an element shifts focus to another element.
- Addresses an issue that may prevent some applications from displaying the Help (F1) window correctly.
- Addresses an issue that may cause an application to stop working when converting long Kana to Kanji using a combination of predictive and non-predictive input.
- Addresses an issue in a multi-monitor configuration that causes a window to unexpectedly move to a different monitor when reconnecting to an existing user session.
- Addresses an issue in which the desktop wallpaper image set by a group policy will not update if it has the same name as the previous image.
- Addresses an issue that causes BitLocker Network Unlock to fail on generation 2 virtual machines when it’s used in a network that only supports IPv4.
- Addresses an issue that causes catalog signed scripts, including those shipped as part of Windows, to incorrectly generate a Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) failure audit event.
- Addresses an issue that causes Scheduled Tasks created in a disabled state to not run.
- Addresses an issue that prevents you from overwriting a file in a shared folder because of an Access Denied error when a filter driver is loaded.
- Addresses an issue that may cause third-party applications to have difficulty authenticating hotspots.
- Addresses an issue that may cause a blue screen to appear when a Thunderbolt storage device is attached.
Addresses an issue that may display the error code “0x139” for the RNDISMP6!KeepAliveTimerHandler when connecting to a Remote Network Driver Interface Specification (RNDIS) device.
Addresses an issue that fails to recognize the first character as the abbreviation for the Japanese Era name. For more information, see KB4469068.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
Known issues in this update
|Applications that use a Microsoft Jet database with the Microsoft Access 97 file format may fail to open if the database has column names greater than 32 characters. The database will fail to open with the error, “Unrecognized Database Format”.|| |
This issue is resolved in KB4486996.
After installing KB4480978, some Microsoft Edge users report that they:
This issue is resolved in KB4486996.
|After installing this update, the first character of the Japanese era name is not recognized as an abbreviation and may cause date parsing issues.|| |
This issue is resolved in KB4487021.
After installing this update, MSXML6 causes applications to stop responding if an exception was thrown during node operations, such as appendChild(), insertBefore(), and moveNode().The Group Policy editor may stop responding when editing a Group Policy Object (GPO) that contains Group Policy Preferences (GPP) for Internet Explorer 10 settings.
|This issue is resolved in KB4493441.|
|Certain operations, such as rename, that you perform on files or folders that are on a Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) may fail with the error, “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)”. This occurs when you perform the operation on a CSV owner node from a process that doesn’t have administrator privilege.|| |
Do one of the following:
How to get this update
Before installing this update
Microsoft strongly recommends you install the latest servicing stack update (SSU) for your operating system before installing the latest cumulative update (LCU). SSUs improve the reliability of the update process to mitigate potential issues while installing the LCU and applying Microsoft security fixes. For more information, see Servicing stack updates.
Install this update
To download and install this update, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select Check for updates.
To get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update 4480967.