This article describes the issues that are fixed in theUpdate Rollup for Azure File Sync Agent that is dated December 2019.Additionally, this article contains installation instructions for the update.
Improvements and issues that are fixed
Sync fails with one of the following errors after upgrading to Azure File Sync agentversion 9.0:
- 0x8e5e044e (JET_errWriteConflict)
- 0x8e5e0450 (JET_errInvalidSesid)
- 0x8e5e0442 (JET_errInstanceUnavailable)
Note Update rollups for Azure File Sync Agent are cumulative. Thisupdate includes all the improvements and fixes that were included in theprevious cumulative update.
More information about this update rollup
- This update is available for Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019 installations that have Azure File Sync agent version 184.108.40.206 or later installed.
- The agent version of this update rollup is 220.127.116.11.
- A restart may be required if files are in use during the update rollup installation.
How to get and install this update rollup for the azure file sync agent
The Azure File Sync agent isavailable from Microsoft Update, Microsoft Update Catalog, and MicrosoftDownload Center.
- If the Azure File Sync agent is not currentlyinstalled on a server, use the agent installation package on the MicrosoftDownload Center. The agent installation package on Microsoft Update andMicrosoft Update Catalog is intended for agent upgrades only.
- To update existing agent installations, runAfsUpdater.exe (located in the agent installation directory) or download andinstall the update from Microsoft Update or Microsoft Update Catalog.
To obtain and install from Microsoft Update,follow these steps on a server that has Azure File Sync agent installed:
Server 2016 and Server 2019
- Click Start, and then click Settings.
- In Settings, click Update & security.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Verify the Azure File Sync agent update is listed and then click Install now.
Server 2012 R2
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check for updates.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Verify the Azure File Sync agent update is selected, and then click Install.
Go to the following website to manually downloadthis update from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
To manually install the update package, run thefollowing command from an elevated command prompt:
- msiexec.exe /p packagename.msp REINSTALLMODE=OMUS REINSTALL=StorageSyncAgent,StorageSyncAgentAzureFileSync,StorageSyncAgentGuardFilter,StorageSyncAgentUpdater /qb /l*v KB4522360.log
For example, to install the Azure File Sync agentupdate for Server 2016, run the following command:
- msiexec.exe /p StorageSyncAgent_WS2016_KB4522360.mspREINSTALLMODE=OMUS REINSTALL=StorageSyncAgent,StorageSyncAgentAzureFileSync,StorageSyncAgentGuardFilter,StorageSyncAgentUpdater/qb /l*v KB4522360.log
Go to the Microsoft Download Centerto manually download the agent installation package for new agentinstallations.
How to perform a silentinstallation for a new agent installation
To perform a silent installation for a new agentinstallation that uses the default settings, run the following command at anelevated command prompt:
- msiexec /i packagename.msi /qb/l*v AFSv9Installer.log
For example, to install the Azure File Sync agentfor Windows Server 2016, run the following command:
- msiexec /iStorageSyncAgent_WS2016.msi /qb /l*v AFSv9Installer.log
- Use the /qb switch to display restartprompts (if required), agent update, and server registration screens. Tosuppress the screens and automatically restart the server (if required), usethe /qn switch.
- To perform a silent installation with customsettings, follow the steps documented in KB4459986.