- Corrected the mechanism used to detect expired or nearly expired external endpoint certificates to only verify the currently bound certificate, instead of all certificates in the certificate store. Be sure to close any pending certificate expiration alerts on the portal immediately after applying the hotfix.
- Addressed an issue where internal secret rotation might not update the Network Controller credential, leading to a disconnect between the Azure Stack Hub hosts and Azure Stack Hub Network Controller.
- Addressed an issue that can lead to a memory leak on the Azure Consistent Storage VMs, affecting Object Based Storage performance/stability.
Fixes rolled up from previous hotfix releases
- Disabled NCHostAgentMonitor.
- Improved the admin portal experience to show the download progress of Azure Stack Hub update packages.
- Addressed an issue where setting the LicenseType of a VM to the value of None is not recognized as a valid LicenseType.
- Addressed a performance issue with an inefficient lookup of VM metadata by their network identity.
- Fixed an issue in which during an OEM or full update, certain infrastructure VMs can't be started after the host is re-imaged.
- Fixed a performance issue in the Storage Resource Provider that can impact overall control plane actions.
- Fixed an issue in which communications and data transfer to a resource behind an internal load balancer might be significantly impacted and subsequently time out.
- Fixed an issue in which during an update in certain conditions, the Disk Resource Provider may not correctly update.
- Addressed issues where NonHAVMs may not start after an update.
To apply this hotfix, you must have version 1.1908.4.33 or later.
Important As outlined in the Release Notes for the 1908 update, make sure that you refer to the update activity checklist on running Test-AzureStack (with specified parameters), and resolve any operational issues that are found, including all warnings and failures. Also, review active alerts and resolve any that require action.