- Updates to improve security when using Internet Explorer.
- Updates to improve security when using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or stylus.
- Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
- Updates for storing and managing files.
Improvements and fixes
This security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
- Addresses an issue that prevents certain apps from installing if they are published using a Group Policy Object.
- Updates the 2020 start date for daylight saving time (DST) in the Kingdom of Morocco.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Shell, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Kernel, Windows Core Networking, Internet Information Services, Windows Network Security and Containers, Windows Active Directory, Windows Storage and Filesystems, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, please refer to the Security Update Guide.
Windows Update Improvements
Microsoft has released an update directly to the Windows Update client to improve reliability. Any device running Windows 10 configured to receive updates automatically from Windows Update, including Enterprise and Pro editions, will be offered the latest Windows 10 feature update based on device compatibility and Windows Update for Business deferral policy. This doesn't apply to long-term servicing editions.
Known issues in this update
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.
How to get this update
Before installing this update
Microsoft strongly recommends that you install the latest servicing stack update (SSU) for your operating system before installing the latest cumulative update (LCU). SSUs improve the reliability of the update process to mitigate potential issues while installing the LCU and applying Microsoft security fixes. For general information about SSUs, see Servicing stack updates and Servicing Stack Updates (SSU): Frequently Asked Questions.
Install this update
|Release Channel||Available||Next Step|
|Windows Update and Microsoft Update||Yes||None. This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update.|
|Microsoft Update Catalog||Yes||To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.|
|Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)||Yes|| |
This update will automatically sync with WSUS if you configure Products and Classifications as follows:
Product: Windows 10Classification: Security Updates
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update 4556826.