Where drive is the drive where Microsoft Windows is installed, and where username is your user name.
You can change the location where e-mail messages and attachments are saved in Outlook by adding the following registry value:
Outlook 2016 and 2019
To do this, follow these steps:
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit, and then press ENTER.
- Locate the following subkey in the registry by using Registry Editor: HKEY_CURRENT USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\1x.0\Outlook\Options
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click String Value.
- Type DefaultPath, and then press ENTER.
- Double-click the DefaultPath value.
- In the Edit String dialog box, type the path, including the drive letter, to the folder that you want to use for your Outlook saved items in the Value data box, and then click OK.
- Quit Registry Editor.