You receive the following error when you import a .package file into Microsoft Dynamics GP:
VBA cannot be initialized. Cannot Import this package because it contains VBA components.
The common shared files for Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) are damaged.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 and Dynamics GP 9.0:
- Open Add or Remove Programs and repair Microsoft Office.
Note You may be prompted to insert your product CD.
- This repairs VBA.
- Restart the computer after the repair finishes.
- Then try to import your package file again.
Microsoft Business Solutions – Great Plains 8.0:
- Reinstall VBA on the computer.
- You can find the installation on the Microsoft Business Solutions CD 1 under AdProd\VBA6 folder.
- You must be logged in as administrator
- Run the Setup.exe file that is found in the Adprod\VBA6 folder.
- Restart the computer after the installation is completed.
- Then try to import your .package file again.