Note -The POTENTIAL CAUSES information that is listed below is provided to help identify possible scenarios for when this issue would occur. It should be noted, however, that in most cases this issue is encountered as a result of either Potential Cause 1, 2, or 3 listed below*.
- The ACCTXREF or SUBXREF table is not populated in the System database. See Resolution 9436 and Resolution 10.
- The COMPANY table is incorrectly populated in the System database. See Resolution 11857.
- The Account Validation feature is inappropriately enabled in General Ledger GL Setup (01.950.00). If the option is desired and enabled, see Resolution 7067 to set up the correct Account/Subaccount combinations. If the option is not desired, but has been enabled, see Resolution 15227. For additional information regarding the use of this feature, see Resolution 8401.
- The Valid Combos Required option is not selected in Shared Information Flexkey Definition (21.320.00). See Resolution 4077.
- If the Multi-Company module is being used, the Activate Multi-Company with Inter-Company Processing option in General Ledger GL Setup (01.950.00) is not selected. See Resolution 7822.
- A record does not exist in the INTERCOMPANY table in the System database. See Resolution 12255.
- This can occur if the ACCTXREF, ACCTSUB, or SUBXREF tables are located in the application database as well as in the system database. See resolution 9.
- This can occur if the system views point to the wrong system database. See Resolution 10.
- This can occur if the triggers are associated with the wrong application database. See Resolution 11.
ResolutionsResolution 9 - Remove the ACCTXREF, ACCTSUB, and SUBXREF tables from the application database. These tables should only be located in the Microsoft Dynamics SL System database or in the Microsoft Business Solutions - Solomon System database. To remove them, follow these steps:
- Make a backup copy of the Microsoft Dynamics SL Application and of the Microsoft Dynamics SL System databases.
- Using Query Analyzer, run the following statements against the Microsoft Dynamics SL Application database:
drop table acctxref
drop table acctsub
drop table subxref
If you receive Server Msg 3701 when you run these statements, that is OK. The message just indicates that the table was not in the database.
Resolution 10 - Update the system views. To do this, follow these steps:
- Use the appropriate step:
- In Microsoft Dynamics SL 7.0, click Start, click Control Panel, click Administrative Tools, and then click Microsoft Dynamics SL Database Maintenance.
- In Microsoft Dynamics SL 6.5 and in earlier versions, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Dynamics SL, and then click Database Maintenance.
- In the Destination SQL Server Name box, type the name of your SQL Server.
- In the Login ID box, type sa.
- In the Password box, type the system administrator password.
- Click Connect.
- On the Update Databases tab, click the system database in the System Database Name box.
- In the Databases box, click each of the application databases.
- Click Update Views.
- Click OK in the following confirmation message:
- Click Close.
Resolution 11 - Run the rebuild_triggers.sql script. See KB 942095.
Resolution 4077 - Select the Valid Combos Required box in Shared Information Flexkey Definition (21.320.00).
1. When Valid Combos Required is selected (True), Microsoft Dynamics SL populates the PV List from the SUBACCT table. For example, the Subaccount must be entered in Subaccount Maintenance (01.270.00).
2. When Valid Combos Required is not selected (False), Microsoft Dynamics SL populates the PV List from the FLEXKEY table for the Subaccount Segment. The Segment IDs are entered in Flexkey Table Maintenance (21.330.00).
1. Access Shared Information Flexkey Definition (21.320.00).
2. Enter SUBACCOUNT in Field Type and tab off the field.
3. Select the Valid Combos Req Box.
4. Save the changes and exit the screen.
Resolution 7067 - Run Generate Combinations in General Ledger Acct/Sub Maintenance (01.320.02).
1. Access Acct/Sub Maintenance (01.320.00) and review the Account/Subaccount Combinations. If an Account/Subaccount does not exist, continue with the Correction Steps.
2. In Account/Subaccount Maintenance, click Generate Combinations to display Acct/Sub Maintenance Worksheet (01.320.01) to add existing Account/Subaccount combinations.
3. The Account/Subaccount Maintenance Worksheet can be used to generate Account/Subaccount combinations. Click on Generate Combos to display Generate Acct/Sub Combinations (01.320.02).
4. The Generate Acct/Sub Combinations can be used to copy existing Accounts and Subaccounts to build new Account/Subaccount combinations.
Resolution 7822 - Verify the Activate Multi-Company with Inter-Company Processing option is enabled in General Ledger GL Setup (01.950.00) and Multi-Company Setup (13.950.00).
1. Access GL Setup.
2. Verify the Activate Multi-Company with Inter-Company Processing option is selected.
3. Access Multi-Company Setup.
4. Verify the Activate Multi-Company with Inter-Company Processing option is selected.
Resolution 8401 - Explain the function of the General Ledger Account Validation feature.
1. Account Validation, which is enabled in General Ledger Setup(01.950.00), is a new feature introduced with Solomon IV Version 4.x. The purpose of this feature is to validate Account and Subaccount combinations during data entry (if Validate Account/Subaccount at Posting is not selected) or when Post Transactions (01.520.00) is run (if Validate Account/Subaccount at Posting is selected).
2. If Multi-Company is used, the combinations are validated by Company ID. The Account and Subaccount combinations by Company ID are set up in Account/Subaccount Maintenance (01.320.00). Entries made here populate the ACCTSUB table with the combinations for each Company.
3. It is not necessary to enter data in Account/Subaccount Maintenance if Account Validation is not being used.
Resolution 9436 - Save changes in General Ledger Chart of Accounts Maintenance (01.260.00) or Subaccount Maintenance (01.270.00) to populate the ACCTXREF or SUBXREF table(s) in the System database.
Note -The ACCTXREF table, in the System database, stores the Account numbers for each Company that appears in the Master Account List or Possible Values List in any data entry screens containing an Account field. The SUBXREF table, in the System database, stores the Subaccount numbers for each Company that appears in the Subaccount List or Possible Values List in any data entry screens containing a Subaccount field.
1. Access General Ledger Chart of Accounts Maintenance (01.260.00) or Subaccount Maintenance (01.270.00) and write down the Description that appears for the first Account or Subaccount in the list.
2. Make a small change to the Description field and save the changes.
3. Change the Description field back to the original value and save the changes.
4. This process will populate the ACCTXREF or SUBXREF table(s) with all of the possible Accounts/Subaccounts for the Company that appears in Chart of Accounts Maintenance or Subaccount Maintenance.
5. If Account Validation is enabled in the database, possible values in the Master Account List that appears in data entry screens may be restricted by Company ID. If Account Validation is not enabled, all the accounts that appear in Chart of Accounts Maintenance should appear in the Master Account Lists in data entry screens for each Company in the database.
Resolution 11857 - Verify the COMPANY table in the System database is populated with the correct Company information using SQL Query Analyzer.
1. Make a BACKUP of the database, which can be restored in case an undesired data loss occurs.
2. Using SQL Query Analyzer, access the appropriate System database and execute the following statement:
SELECT CpnyCOA, CpnySub, * from COMPANY
3. Note any blank or incorrect values in the CpnyCOA and CpnySub fields. These fields hold the Company ID of the primary Chart of Accounts. If any erroneous items are located, proceed with the Correction Steps.
4. Execute the following statement:
UPDATE COMPANY SET CpnyCOA = 'XXXX', CpnySub = 'xxxx' where CpnyCoa = 'YYYY' and CpnySub = 'yyyy'
(where XXXX and xxxx = the MASTER Company ID and YYYY and yyyy = current value)
Resolution 12255 - Update the INTERCOMPANY table in the System database using SQL Query Analyzer.
Note -In cases where a record does not exist in the INTERCOMPANY table in the System database with To Company and From Company equal to the Company ID, and Module equal to ZZ, the following statement may be used:
INSERT INTO INTERCOMPANY (FromAcct, FromCompany, FromSub, Module, Screen, ToAcct, ToCompany, ToSub, User1, User2, User3, User4) VALUES (' ', '<CPNYID>',' ', 'ZZ',' ',' ', '<CPNYID>',' ',' ',' ', '0.00', '0.00')
(where CPNYID = Master Company ID)
For example, the following statement would be used for the DemoPremier0060 database:
INSERT INTO INTERCOMPANY (FromAcct, FromCompany, FromSub, Module, Screen, ToAcct, ToCompany, ToSub, User1, User2, User3, User4) VALUES (' ', '0060',' ', 'ZZ',' ',' ', '0060',' ',' ',' ', '0.00', '0.00')
Resolution 15227 - Deselect the Validate Account/Subaccount option in General Ledger GL Setup (01.950.00).
Note -If Validate Account/Subaccount is selected in GL Setup and Account/Subaccount combinations have not been set up in Acct/Sub Maintenance, Account and Subaccount PV lists will be blank. For additional information regarding the Account Validation feature, see Resolution
1. Access General Ledger GL Setup (01.950.00) and deselect the Validate Account/Subaccount option. Save the changes.
Keywords: missing, warehouse, bin, location