When you try to add a new user for a specific domain to Business Portal in Microsoft Dynamics GP or in Microsoft Dynamics SL, you do not see any users listed.
This problem occurs because the identity user for the Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Identity COM+ object is set to the NT Authority\Network Service user or to another user who does not have appropriate permissions on all of the domains.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Change the identity user for the Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Identity COM+ object to the Domain\Administrator user. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Administrator Tools, and then click Component Services.
- Expand Component Services, expand Computer, expand My Computer, and then expand Com+ Applications.
- Right-click Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Identity, click Properties, and then click Identity.
- In the This User area, type the username of a Domain Administrator user in the User box, type the password of the Domain Administrator user in the Password box and in the Confirm Password box, and then click OK.
- Right-click Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Identity, and then click Shut down.
- Right-click Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Identity, and then click Start.
- Click Start, click Run, type iisreset in the Open box, and then click OK.