Before you return a product
If you have a problem with a product, consider other options before you return it.
- Visit Microsoft Support for help with products such as Windows 10, Xbox, Office, and more.
- For tracking or cancelling orders, go to Microsoft Store support.
- Get more info about canceling a subscription or free trial or turning off auto-renewal.
- See more topics related to Microsoft subscriptions at My subscriptions.
- Get info about how to Prevent unauthorized purchases from Microsoft Store.
- Read Microsoft Terms of Sale for detailed info about the return and refund policy.
- Post a question in the Microsoft Community.
Once we’ve approved your return, we'll issue the refund immediately. Refunds are applied to the original payment option. Get the status of your return or refund.
It can take several days for your payment provider to process a refund. If it's taking longer than expected, contact your provider first. If you're still having trouble, contact support.
See more info about returns and exchanges in Microsoft Terms of Sale.