This article describes how to add a product key to the evaluation edition of System Center Operations Manager 2012.
Before proceeding, you need to be a member of the Operations Manager administrators role, member of the computer's local Administrators group on the management server, and granted temporary membership of the sysadmin fixed server role on the SQL Server instance hosting the Operations Manager operational database to ensure this completes successfully.
To set the product key, use the Set-SCOMLicense cmdlet in PowerShell.
To use the Set-SCOMLicense cmdlet, you must use elevated permissions (Run as Administrator). For more information see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/system-center/scom/deploy-upgrade-eval.
If the Eval edition has expired, you must apply Update Rollup 2 or later before you run these commands.
- Open PowerShell as an administrator.
- Load the OperationsManager module (import-module operationsmanager).
- Connect to your management group (New-SCOMManagementGroupConnection).
- Run the Set-SCOMLicense -ProductId "<yourlicensekey>“ command.
- To check whether the changes were made, run the following command: Get-SCOMManagementGroup | ft skuforlicense, version, timeofexpiration –a
For more information about the Set-SCOMLicense cmdlet, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh920237.aspx.