Issues that are fixed in this update
To apply this update, download from the Microsoft Download Center and install version 2.0.9195.0 of the Microsoft Azure Recovery Services agent.
Note: The version for this update of Microsoft Azure Recovery Services agent is 2.0.9195.0
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Applying the update to multiple servers
If your servers are registered to one or more Recovery Services Vaults, you can update your servers directly from Azure Portal. Perform the following steps to update multiple servers from the Azure portal
- Download the installer for the update from the link mentioned above
- Navigate to the Recovery Services Vault where your servers are registered
- On the left-side Settings blade click on Backup Infrastructure under the Manage section
- Click on Protected Servers under Management Servers and select Azure Backup Agent as the Backup Management Type
- From the blade that appears, click on a server for which agent version is lower than 2.0.9195.0
- On the server’s detail blade, click on Connect. This will download a Remote Desktop Connection file with which you can connect to the server, copy the downloaded agent to the server and update it.
- Once you are done updating, you can select other servers which have agent versions lower than 2.0.9195.0 and update agents on them similarly.
If you are using Windows Server 2008 (SP2 and R2 SP1, any SKU), you need to restart your machine after applying this update. Users that have installed MARS Agent on other Windows Server versions, don’t need to restart the computer after applying this update.
If you use System Center 2016 Data Protection Manager (SC DPM), it is recommended that you apply Update Rollup 1 for System Center 2016 Data Protection Manager or a later version.
If you use System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager (SC DPM), apply Update Rollup 12 for System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager or a later version.