Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8
IMPORTANT Verify that you have installed the required updates listed in the How to get this update section before installing this update.
- Addressed a regression from a previous update, arising when two HostVisual elements disconnect at the same time.
- Addressed an issue in System.Data.SqlClient where querying string columns would fail if the database had a Kazakh collation.
1 Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
Additional information about this update
- 4586083 Description of the Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, 4.7.2, 4.8 for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (KB4586083)
How to obtain and install the update
Before installing this update
To apply this update, you must have .NET Framework 4.8 installed.
You must install the updates listed below and restart your device before installing the latest Rollup. Installing these updates improves the reliability of the update process and mitigates potential issues while installing the Rollup and applying Microsoft security fixes.
- The March 12, 2019 servicing stack update (SSU) (KB4490628). To get the standalone package for this SSU, search for it in the Microsoft Update Catalog. This update is required to install updates that are only SHA-2 signed.
- The latest SHA-2 update (KB4474419) released September 10, 2019. If you are using Windows Update, the latest SHA-2 update will be offered to you automatically. This update is required to install updates that are only SHA-2 signed. For more information on SHA-2 updates, see 2019 SHA-2 Code Signing Support requirement for Windows and WSUS.
- The August 11, 2020 SSU (KB4570673) or a later SSU. To get the standalone package for this SSU, search for it in the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Important For Windows Thin PC, you must have the August 11, 2020 SSU (KB4570673) or a later SSU installed to make sure you continue to get the extended security updates starting with the October 13, 2020 updates.
- The Extended Security Updates (ESU) Licensing Preparation Package (KB4538483) released February 11, 2020. The ESU licensing preparation package will be offered to you from WSUS. To get the standalone package for ESU licensing preparation package, search for it in the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Install this update
|Release Channel||Available||Next Step|
|Windows Update and Microsoft Update||Yes||None. This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update if you are an ESU customer.|
|Microsoft Update Catalog||Yes||To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.|
|Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)||Yes|| |
This update will automatically sync with WSUS if you configure Products and Classifications as follows:
Product: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1,Windows Embedded Standard 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Embedded POSReady 7Classification: Security Updates
You must restart the computer after you apply this update if any affected files are being used. We recommend that you exit all .NET Framework-based applications before you apply this update.
Update deployment information
For deployment details for this security update, go to the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
20201110 Security update deployment information: November 10, 2020
Update removal information
Note We do not recommend that you remove any security update. To remove this update, use the Programs and Features item in Control Panel.
Update restart information
This update does not require a system restart after you apply it unless files that are being updated are locked or are being used.
Update replacement information
This update replaces previously released updates 4579977.