- Contact the bank to determine whether the bank can remove the lines from the .ach file that you voided in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Void all the checks, perform the check run again, and then create a new .ach file that contains the correct information.
- Perform the check run again with the correct information in the Print Checks window. To do this, follow these steps:
- Print checks to the screen.
- In the Post window, click Create Deposits. Do not close the Post window after you create the deposits.
- Click Transactions, point to Payroll, and then click Generate ACH File to create the file.
- Verify that all the information is the same as the information in the first check run. Sometimes, the Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) amount is off by one cent. If the totals are correct, close the Post Payroll Checks window. Nothing is posted to the payroll or to the general ledger. If the information is different in the second pay run, we recommend that you void the checks and then process the check run again.
- Edit the .ach file.
Important We do not recommend that you edit the .ach file. Additionally, we do not support attempts to edit the .ach file. If you change information in this file, the file may not meet National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA) requirements.
Article ID: 852309 - Last Review: 28 Dec 2014 - Revision: 1