To have us identify the duplicate records for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. To find the duplicate records yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Method 1: Fix it for meTo locate the duplicate records automatically, click the Fix this problem button or link. Click Run in the File Download dialog box, and then follow the steps in the Fix it wizard. The Fix It will identify the duplicate records in the Payables Management (PM) tables, however, you will still need to correct them mnaually.
Note This wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
Note If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Method 2: Automated SolutionUse the automated solution to identify the duplicate records in the Payables Management (PM) tables.
Note Before you follow the instructions in this article, make sure that you have a complete backup copy of the database that you can restore if a problem occurs.
An Automated Solution script may be available to perform this task. For more information about how to identify duplicates in Payables Management, visit the following Microsoft Dynamics Web site: Notes
- The Fix It and the Automated Solution will report the duplicate records.
- You should back up your company database before proceeding. You should also verify that theinformation in the History tablesis correct and complete.
- If the duplicate records are in history and also either the work or open tables, determine if the records in the history table are valid. If so, then remove the records from the work tables or from the open tables.
- If the duplicate records are in both the work and open tables only, determine which record is valid and remove the other record. However, when removing the problem record, keep in mind that these tables share a distribution table which also must be modified.
- If you require further assistance regarding this process, contact Technical Support for Microsoft Dynamics at 1-8888-477-7877 or open a chargeable support case.
Article ID: 852808 - Last Review: 12 Sep 2011 - Revision: 1