This article describes the capabilities of Inventory if Inventory is not registered in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- You can specify a list price; however, no advanced pricing will be available.
- The Unit Cost will default with the Current Cost when the Inventory valuation method is Perpetual.
- The Unit Cost will default with the item's Standard Cost when the Inventory valuation method is Periodic.
- Quantities of items will not be tracked.
- You will have only one Unit of Measure. This unit is EACH.
- You will be able to run Inventory reports under
Reports -Inventory - Setupand
Reports - Inventory - Itemonly.
- You will be able to run Sales Order or Invoicing reports related to items.
- There will be no Site Capabilities in Sales Order Processing or in Purchase Order Processing.
- Tax Calculation will use the Item Tax Schedule, but not the Site Tax Schedule.
- You can set up Kits to sell in Sales Order Processing.
- Serial and lot numbers will not be tracked.
- With Microsoft Great Plains 8.0, you can link Sales Order Processing items to Purchase Order Processing items.
- You will not be able to access the Inventory utilities, such as Change Decimal Places, Change Valuation, and Change Average Cost.
- If the
Use Posting Accounts From field is set to Item in Invoicing Setup, the Sales, Inventory, and Cost of Goods Sold accounts will pull from your Item Account Maintenance window.
Invoices will update the following accounts:
- Accounts Receivable debit
- Cost of Goods Solddebit
- Cost of Goods Soldcredit
- Accounts Receivablecredit
- If you are registered for Purchase Order Processing, you will be able to enter the following transactions in the Returns Transaction Entry window:
- Return w/Credit
- Inventory w/Credit
- You can enter landed cost information in the Landed Cost Maintenance window and in the Landed Cost Group Maintenance window. However, there is no landed cost functionality in Purchase Order Processing in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- In Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 and in Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 together with Business Ready Licensing, you can unregister Inventory Control. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Tools, click Setup, click System, and then click Registration.
- In the list of modules, click to clear the Inventory Control check box.
After you make this change, the Site ID lookup button is disabled when you enter a purchase order.
Article ID: 865157 - Last Review: 4 Apr 2016 - Revision: 1