When Log files are Purged from within Integration Manager, it will purge the records from the IM.MDB file. It will NOT, however, shrink the Access database size to reclaim the space used by the log fields. To do this, you will need to Compact the Access database (IM.MDB). The following steps go through how to do this step by step:
1. Open the ODBC Control Panel (In Windows go to Start - Settings - Control Panel, select the ODBC icon).
2. Click on the Add button.
3. Select the Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb) from the list and click Finish.
4. Click Compact.
5. Select the file to compact. This will be the IM.MDB file in your Dynamics\IM directory.
6. Click OK.
7. The compacting process creates a new Access database file. Name this new file and click OK. It can be saved into the default directory, which should be the same directory that the IM.MDB file is in.
8. Through the Windows Explorer, rename the compacted Access database file so that it has the same name as the original file (IM.MDB).
Note: To repair the database, repeat steps 1-6. In step 4 click Repair instead of Compact.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 9633
Article ID: 867174 - Last Review: 27 Feb 2017 - Revision: 4
Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0, Integration Manager