Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Quit any Office XP programs that are running.
- Click Start, and then click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click to select the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Common\Internet
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type OpenDocumentsReadWriteWhileBrowsing, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click OpenDocumentsReadWriteWhileBrowsing, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor.
Article ID: 867838 - Last Review: 12 Sep 2011 - Revision: 1