- Click Start, click Run, type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
- Double-click the type of device that you want to update.
- Double-click the specific device that you want to update.
- Click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver.
- Follow the instructions in the Hardware Update Wizard.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 for each USB device.
Note You can also install Windows XP SP2, and then disconnect and reconnect the USB devices that are connected to your computer. By doing this, you start the Plug and Play utility. The Plug and Play utility updates the version numbers for the drivers.
Article ID: 873169 - Last Review: 22 Oct 2008 - Revision: 1