Note - The POTENTIAL CAUSES information listed below is provided to help identify possible scenarios for when this issue would occur. It should be noted, however, that in most cases this issue is encountered due to edition of the Unlocking Keys being used are not the same as the edition that was selected during installation. See Resolution 6739.
1. The Edition for the Unlocking Keys being used is not the same as the Edition that was selected during installation (ex. Business Essentials was installed, but the Customer has Advanced Managemnet Unlocking Keys). See Resolution 6739. The Uninstall and Reinstall process is only necessary at the Server level if Microsoft Dynamics SL is being installed to the same location as before.
. The Company Name is misspelled or incorrect in the Registration screen. See Resolution 1.
. Registration information is being entered on a workstation that is running a non-English version of Windows, where a non-English language has been selected in the Regional Settings. See Resolution 2.
4. The unlocking keys being entered are for a different version than the installed version of Microsoft Dynamics SL. For example, the database is currently on 7.0, but the unlocking keys being entered are for 8.0. See Resolution 3.
. The Customer ID is incorrect. See Resolution 4.
. Occurs when entering new registration keys if the old keys are still listed in the Modules tab of the Registration screen. See Resolution 1.
Resolution 1 - Delete the records in the Registration and RegistDetail tables and then reenter the correct information in Registration.
1. Make a BACKUP of the database that can be restored in case an undesired data loss occurs.
2. Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the appropriate system database.
3. Run the following SQL statements to delete the records in the Registration and RegistDetail tables.
DELETE FROM REGISTRATION
DELETE FROM REGISTDETAIL
4. Reenter the necessary information in Registration
Resolution 2 - Enter the Registration Information from a workstation that is running the standard English version of Windows.
Resolution 3 - Verify that database version coincides with the unlocking keys being entered.
1. Connect to the Application database through Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and run the following statement:
SELECT S4FUTURE01 FROM GLSetup
2. Note the version returned.
3. Verify the version for the unlocking keys being entered.
Note - Unlocking keys for 8.0 will not work for a 7.0 database, or vice versa.
Resolution 4 - Verify that the Customer ID is correct.
Note - The Customer ID field in the Registration screen must be identical to the six digit ID listed in the registration information on Voice or CustomerSource.
Resolution 6739 - Uninstall Microsoft Dynamics SL then Reinstall the correct Edition.
1. Go to Start | Settings | Control Panel and run Add/Remove Programs.
2. Select the Install/Uninstall tab.
3. Select Microsoft Dynamics SL Client and click Remove.
4. Select Microsoft Dynamics SL and click Remove.
5. Reinstall the Microsoft Dynamics SL Software. For further assistance with this task, see the Installation Guide.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID:126909