Cause 1The user or the group has insufficient Windows permissions for the Microsoft Dynamics SL installation directory. See Resolution 1 and Resolution 2.
Cause 2In Windows Server 2003, permissions for the Everyone group on the Microsoft Dynamics SL shared installation directory may be too restrictive. See Resolution 3.
Cause 3The Swimapi.Kpr file and the Swimapi.exd file are corrupted. See Resolution 4.
Resolution 1Modify the Windows permissions for the Microsoft Dynamics SL installation directory. To do this, follow these steps:
- Locate the Microsoft Dynamics SL installation directory. The default location in Microsoft Dynamics SL 7.0 and in later versions is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\SL. The default location in Microsoft Dynamics SL 6.5 and in earlier versions is C:\Program Files\Solomon.
- Right-click the folder, and then click Properties.
- On the Security tab, click to select the Allow check box for the permissions that are needed. See Knowledge Base article 849064 to determine the appropriate permissions.
- Click OK.
Resolution 2Enable the "Replace permission entries" option on the Solomon directory. To do this, follow these steps:
- At the Microsoft Dynamics SL server, right-click the directory that contains the Microsoft Dynamics SL program files, and then click Sharing and Security.
- On the Security tab, click Advanced.
- Click to select the Replace permission entries on all child objects check box.
- In the Advanced Security Settings window, click OK.
- Click OK to close the Properties dialog box.
Resolution 3Make sure that the Everyone group is assigned Full Control permissions on the Microsoft Dynamics SL share.
Note By default, shares that are created in Windows Server 2003 assign only Read permissions for the Everyone group.
Resolution 4Rename the Swimapi.kpr file and the SWIMAPIEx.exd file in the Solomon root directory. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log all users off Microsoft Dynamics SL.
- Browse to the Dynamics\SL folder or to the Solomon folder.
- Right-click the Swimapi.kpr file, and then click Rename.
- Replace the KPR file name extension with OLD, and then press Enter.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the SWIMAPIEx.exd file.
- Log on to Microsoft Dynamics SL, and then open the customized screen(s).
If you are running Microsoft Dynamics SL 6.5 SP2 on a Windows Vista computer, the Swimapi.kpr file and the SWIMAPIEx.exd file are in the following location:
If you are running Microsoft Dynamics SL 6.5 SP3 or later versions on a Windows Vista computer, a Windows 2008 computer, or a Windows 7 computer the Swimapi.kpr file and the SWIMAPIEx.exd file are in the following location:
Article ID: 873686 - Last Review: 25 Jul 2011 - Revision: 1